This curve fitting analysis tool from Daniel G. Hyams also comes with it’s own EPUB manual. The current documentation is only available for the basic app and although a little rough around the edges, it does present all the information along with an appropriate EPUB Table of Contents.
Daniael is currently developing a new version, CurveExpert Professional, and hopefully he will also iron out those rough edges on the manual.
Information on the Software
CurveExpert is a curve fitting software tool which employs a large number of both linear and nonlinear regression models, various interpolation schemes and splines to represent XY data in a very precise manner.
CurveExpert has over 30 built-in regression models while also allowing for the design of custom models. Full-featured graphing capabilities allow a thorough examination of the curve fit and CurveExpert can automatically find the best fit; comparing your data to each model to choose the best curve.
- 35+ built-in regression models.
- 15+ user-defined models models with 19 parameters, for design and management of custom regression functions.
- Toolbox of fitting techniques includes linear/nonlinear regression and many types of interpolation/spline fitting.
- Use of the Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm for quick and robust nonlinear regression performance.
- Support for uncertainties in each data point.
- Unlimited number of data points.
- Ranking chart to keep track of the best and worst models.
- Examination of every possible regression model returning the best one.
- Full-featured graphing capability with customizable, dynamic graphs giving immediate feedback on curve fit quality.
- User has the ability to terminate a computation at any time.
- Customizable plots can be copied directly to the clipboard for use in another Windows application.
- Easy to use point-and-click interface.
- File import feature enabling use of a wide variety of files types.
- Reads simple ASCII data files and can ignore comments.
- Data set can be scaled, translated, sorted and outliers removed or edited by hand similarly to a spreadsheet
- Analysis tools allow the location of exact points on the curve fit as well as differentiation and integration of any model.