Lisp has been hailed as the world’s most powerful programming language, but its cryptic syntax and academic reputation can be enough to scare off even experienced programmers. Those dark days are finally over—Land of Lisp brings the power of functional programming to the people!
Conrad Barski tackles the subject of Common Lisp with his brilliantly quirky comics and out-of-this-world games to help get you into this fantastic language. Starting from the very basics and to more complex topics such as macros and domain-specific languages.
You’ll learn to:
- Master the quirks of Lisp’s syntax and semantics
- Write concise and elegant functional programs
- Use macros, create domain-specific languages, and learn other advanced Lisp techniques
- Create your own web server, and use it to play browser-based games
- Put your Lisp skills to the test by writing brain-melting games like Dice of Doom and Orc Battle
If you spend any time within the programming community you’ll hear endless comments of how Lisp is a language everyone should learn, so click the link to get your EPUB copy from No Starch Press.